When you access the Unit Builder home page, you are navigated to a filtered list of all your existing units.
The contents of the Unit Builder home page reflect your most recent filter choice. You can change your filter at any time.
Each unit is described by name. When your unit was based one that was created by someone else, the original creator’s name is also displayed.
Lessons display in alphabetical order (or, if grouped by unit, by alphabetical order within each unit).
To quickly locate a specific lesson, enter a full or partial lesson title in the Search by Title field and click Search. The results include all lessons (independent of status or filter currently applied on the page) that match that title.
Each unit is described by name. When your unit was copied from one that was created by someone else, the original creator’s name is also displayed. Units display in alphabetical order.
To quickly locate a specific unit, enter a full or partial unit title in the Search by Title field and click Search. The results include all units (independent of status or filter currently applied on the page) that match that title.
An icon indicates when a unit has been stored in a custom folder. When your filter displays them, Archived units are clearly labeled in a red font. A New Comments! message (in red font) alerts you to any units for which a Reviewer has supplied comments that you have not yet read. Additional icons indicate when units are undergoing review or evaluation, or have been shared through the Cybrary.
From the Unit Builder home page, you can:
- Create new units of standards-based instruction, using a variety of templates.
- Search for and view existing units.
- Edit, rename or delete existing units.
- Archive one or multiple units.
Create a New Unit
From the Unit Builder home page, you can create new unit from scratch or you can select an existing unit to copy and adapt (together with any associated lessons) for new purposes.
To create a new unit from scratch
1. Enter a new Unit Title
2. Select a starting template for your unit plan from the Choose a Format pull-down list.
Your organization may have chosen to provide only a single unit format. In that case, this step would not apply.
3. (Optional) If you have created custom folders to organize your work in Taskstream, you can choose to file your new unit in one of these folders by selecting from the Add to Folder pull-down list.
4. Click the Create New button. You are navigated to the Build Unit tab to enter unit information, using the template you selected.
Once you have created and saved your unit, you can request feedback and/or share it with others in a number of ways. You can also schedule your units by adding them to the Taskstream Calendar shared by your organization.